Clerk of the Dawson County District Court
700 North Washington Street Room E
Lexington, NE. 68850
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CNT
- Closed over the lunch hour from 12:00 -1:00 p.m.
- Passport hours are: 8:30 -11:30 a.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m. Due to Covid, we are asking ALL applicants to be prepared with all of the necessary documents in order to apply for a passport. If you are unsure of what documents you should have, please contact our office so a passport agent can assist you prior to your arrival. 308.324.4261.
Services Of This Office
In addition to being the Administrative Office of the Court, the Clerk of the District Courts are responsible for maintaining the records of criminal and civil cases, mental health cases, the Court's dockets and processing judgments. The Dawson County District Court, have staff that are certified in serving as passport agents. In addition, Ms. Boryca is a Ex-Officio Jury Commissioner for both County and District Courts.
Some of the Duties of the District Court Office are:
- Issuing writs and orders;
- Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the court;
- Certification/Authentication of court filings;
- Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served;
- Keep the records pertaining to the court and record its proceedings;
- Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all county personal property in his or her custody and possession;
- Provide and process protection order applications;
- Track all court costs, fees, fines, restitution and judgments ordered in each case filed.
Livestreaming of District Court Proceedings click here
Revised Child Information Affidavit
- Nebraska Judicial Branch - http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov
- Nebraska Child Support Payment Center - https://www.nebraskachildsupport.state.ne.us
- Nebraska.Gov - http://www.nebraska.gov
- Passport Information - http://www.travel.state.gov
- Nebraska Free Legal Answers - www.NeFreeLegalAnswers.org
- Nebraska Dept of Health & Human Services - http://www.hhs.state.ne.us
- Nebraska Unicameral - http://www.unicam.state.ne.us