March 23, 2023
Clerk of the Dawson County District Court
700 North Washington Street Room E
Lexington, NE. 68850
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday though Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Closed over the lunch hour from 12:00 -1:00 p.m.
- Passport hours are: 8:30 -11:30 a.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m. No passport applications will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. If you are unsure of what documents you should have, please contact our office so a passport agent can assist you prior to your arrival. 308.324.4261. It is unfortunate to send an individual away because they did not have the proper documents. Please call before arriving to ensure you can complete your application. We will not allow anyone to complete their application at our counter or surrounding benches located on the third floor.
- Price increase as of 12/27/2021. A passport book is now $130.00 (for an adult) and passport book (for a child) is $100.00. This is a $20 increase issued from the US Department of State Passport Services.
Services Of This Office
In addition to being the Administrative Office of the Court, the Clerk of the District Courts are responsible for maintaining the records of criminal and civil cases, mental health cases, the Court's dockets and processing judgments. The Dawson County District Court, have staff that are certified in serving as passport agents. In addition, Ms. Boryca is a Ex-Officio Jury Commissioner for both County and District Courts.
Some of the Duties of the District Court Office are:
- Issuing writs and orders;
- Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the court;
- Certification/Authentication of court filings;
- Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served;
- Keep the records pertaining to the court and record its proceedings;
- Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all county personal property in his or her custody and possession;
- Provide and process protection order applications;
- Track all court costs, fees, fines, restitution and judgments ordered in each case filed.
Dawson County District Court livestream https://youtube.com/live/B-GhFNYxeUc?feature=share
CHILD INFORMATION AFFIDAVIT click here:
- Nebraska Judicial Branch - http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov
- Nebraska Child Support Payment Center - https://www.nebraskachildsupport.state.ne.us
- Nebraska.Gov - http://www.nebraska.gov
- Passport Information - http://www.travel.state.gov
- Nebraska Free Legal Answers - www.NeFreeLegalAnswers.org
- Nebraska Dept of Health & Human Services - http://www.hhs.state.ne.us
- Nebraska Unicameral - http://www.unicam.state.ne.us