Completed applications should be submitted, along with the appropriate fee to:
Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver and Vehicle Records Division
301 Centennial Mall South
P O Box 94789
Lincoln, NE 68509-4789
The Dawson County Treasurer's Office does not process applications for specialty plates. This is a function of the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles.
After a specialty plate application is approved, an approval letter is sent to the applicant. The letter indicates the date the plates will be available at the County Treasurer's office and the County Treasurer's telephone number to verify the Treasurer has received the plates. Current plates and registration must be surrendered when the specialty license plates are registered. Additional fees for production of the license plates and new registration will be charged. Applicants should allow 3 to 4 weeks for the plates to arrive at their County Treasurer's office. The $70.00 fee is due at the time of initial application and at time of renewal.
- Application for Specialty Plates such as Husker Message, Husker Numeric, or Message http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/pdf/spltypltapp.pdf
- Application for Organizational Plates such as Friends of the Railroad, Creighton University, or The Beef State http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/pdf/organizational_app_approved.pdf
- Application for Military Plates such as Disabled American Veteran, Ex-Prisoner of War, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart, or Military Honor http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/specialty/military_index.html
- Information on Historial Plates http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/restrictplt/hist.html Application for Historial Plates
- For a complete list of License Plates that Nebraska has to offer go to http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/index.html